The Atlas Alt+Tab Guide!
Ryme, Frozen Sage
A control squad with many AoE slows and lots of opportunities for effective uses of spellcasting to deal damage and win fights.
- Hero Basic: Frostbolt: Throws a projectile which damages and freezes for 4 seconds (2 on heroes) the first enemy it contacts.
- Hero Ultimate: Absolute Zero: Places an effect in a gigantic AoE that slows all enemy units in the area.
- T1: Glacial Ranger: A tough ranged unit with medium DPS. Can cast Cold Snap to slow enemy units in an area around its attack and refresh its attack cooldown.
- T2: Frostcaller: A long ranged spellcaster that can cast Frostfall, a small AoE spell that deals damage and slows enemy units.
- T3: Ancient Ice Frog: A tanky defensive mid-ranged unit with a potent attack and Icy Breath, which slows, damages, and eventually freezes enemy units in a cone
Hydros, Tidal Knight
An incredibly durable squad with powerful defensive and healing abilities. Has excellent sustain, but high spellcasting and micro requirements.
- Hero Basic: Healing Water: Single target heal of any friendly unit, including itself.
- Hero Ultimate: Turn the Tide: Grants 5 seconds of total immunity to nearby friendly allies.
- T1: Scuttleguard: Melee unit with Retracting Roll which grants acceleration and resistances, and Plated Shell, which grants a damage shield that fully blocks a number of attacks.
- T2: Quadrapus: Ranged unit that passively heals allies and causes hit enemies to deal less damage. Casts Brine Barrier: single target 90% magic resist for 4 seconds.
- T3: Aquadillo: Close quarters initiator with a splash attack that grants it Plated Shell when hitting enemies. Can cast Cannonball to heavily slow enemy units in an area.
Grath, Primitive Engineer
A close ranged squad with good initiation and control abilities. Strong in chokes and when flanking, but weak against ranged enemies or when it can't engage.
- Hero Basic: Harden: Target a friendly unit you own to grant it full invulnerability but disable it for 5 seconds. It heals while under this effect.
- Hero Ultimate: Galvanize: Friendly units near the Hero when this spell is cast are granted 50% bonus movement speed for 7 seconds.
- T1: Terrapin Trooper: Melee unit with Rocket Rush which stuns the first unstunned enemy unit it hits for a short time, plus passive out-of-combat healing.
- T2: Howling Commando: Warrior with a short range splash attack and Shockwave, which dramatically slows enemy units in a line AoE for several seconds.
- T3: Rustborn Rhino: Large melee unit with Trample, which after a short delay stuns and damages enemy units in its path and Devour, a single target damage+heal.
Alder, Lord of Vines
A highly synergistic squad that focuses on snares, slows, and zoning. Effective spellcasting and combinations are required to get the most out of Seed Squad's expensive units.
- Hero Basic: Living Vines: Line AoE that deals minor magical damage and roots enemies for a short duration (units: 4s; Heros: 2s)
- Hero Ultimate: Deeproot Terror: Transform a Seed into a Tree of Death that will deal magical damage and stun in an area around it every 5 seconds.
- T1: Seedbot: Low-ranged unit with Grow Sapling to create a temporary immobile unit with a physical ranged attack.
- T2: Grove Tender: Spellcaster who can transform a sapling into either a Tree of Life to heal nearby allies every 5 seconds or a Needlefern with a powerful ranged attack.
- T3: Bramblethorn Goliath: Hulky thorn monster who can Recycle seeds with two charges to heal, gaining effects based on seed type: movespeed, healing zone, range, or splash damage.
Vex, Heart of the Volcano
A combination DPS squad which relies on its Ignite mechanic and other spells to reach its full potential in skirmishes.
- Hero Basic: Scorch: Fires a projectile in a line that explodes when hitting its first enemy unit, applying Ignite, a damage over time, to any nearby enemies.
- Hero Ultimate: Volcanic Fury: Allied units near the Hero gain a large attack speed and attack damage buff for 12 seconds.
- T1: Sparkbot: Powerful ranged unit with Backdraft, which increases its attack speed each time it attacks, granting up to 5 stacks of 5% each.
- T2: Ignitor: A long ranged spellcaster with Conflagrate, which turns an ignited enemy unit into a bomb with a 4 second fuse, and Ignition, which applies Ignite on attack.
- T3: Pyrosaur: A tanky medium ranged unit with Flamethrower, a channeled cone of flame which will Ignite and deal damage over time to any enemy units inside.
Eris, Bringer of Chaos
A ranged DPS squad with huge amounts of burst damage. It effectively uses a hit and run style of play to choose good skirmishes and end them quickly.
- Hero Basic: Sandblast: Minor line AoE that deals minor damage and lowers the physical resistance of enemies hit
- Hero Ultimate: Chaos Bolt: Launches a slow fireball in a line that deals 'ludicrous damage'
- T1: Sandstinger: Highly mobile ranged unit which can cast Stinging Surge to dash a short distance and refresh its attack cooldown.
- T2: Devilkin Dervish: A ranged support unit with the War Dance activatable, which increases nearby units' move/attack speeds.
- T3: Apocalyte: A ranged unit with Destructive Prophecy: a small AoE skillshot that deals huge amounts of damage to enemies caught in it.
Celesta, The Shadow Rose
A damage-oriented squad that controls space extremely well and has great scouting. It is able to push effectively, but is very vulnerable to overextending.
- Hero Basic: Vision Shot: a minor damage + reveal global useful for scouting.
- Hero Ultimate: The Nuclear Option: A small AoE Nuke (enemies only) with a 5-second delay that instakills most enemy units.
- T1: Wisp: A high attack rate ranged unit that deals good DPS but is vulnerable when not protected or grouped.
- T2: Purifier: A long range unit which can Siege, immobilizing itself in exchange for even more range and a splash attack. Can Unsiege to revert forms.
- T3: Precognitor: A Spellcaster with Hamaliel's Blessing, a 90% damage reduction for 6 seconds, and Blinding Smoke, an AoE cloud that reduces range to 1
Vela, Elegant Assassin
A glass cannon squad which relies on long range and mobility to pick away at the enemy. It demands good positioning to find optimal positions for combat and retreat.
- Hero Basic: Fair Warning: Applied Marked to enemy units hit by the AoE, causing them to take increased damage from Snipe Squad. Grants temporary vision of targeted area.
- Hero Ultimate: Peaceful Resolution: Fast projectile attack which deals damage to the first enemy unit in a line that it hits. Deals quadruple damage if the unit is Marked.
- T1: Raptor: Ranged unit with powerful attacks. Can cast Eagle Eye to grant significant bonus range for the unit's next attack.
- T2: Deadeye: Ranged unit who can Take Aim an enemy. If the unit moves far enough away or the caster is damaged during the channel, it cancels.
- T3: Windray: Ranged unit which can toggle Lifting/Accelerating Winds to grant either +2 range to nearby allies or 8% movespeed (both effects can stack).