Playtest 179 - New Squads and TIME CHANGE
Sunday playtests will now run from 2-4pm PST (5-7pm EST, 11pm-1am CEST). Wednesday playtests will stay at 8-10pm PST. The goal of this change is to make it easier for players in various timezones to make at least one of our weekly tests.
Two new squads - The Hive and Warp Squad - have entered the battlefield! We also continue to make pathing and performance tweaks. Keep in mind choosing where and how to engage (angles, army shape, etc.) matters more than ever with the new squads and frontline, anti-frontline, backline system.
The Hive is an insectoid-themed red squad.
- Hero - A melee warrior that summons beetles to help fight its enemies.
- Basic ability: Summon beetle. Summons a weak but fast controllable beetle that lasts sixty seconds.
- Ultimate: Beetlepocalypse. Summons a swarm of tiny but powerful beetles that die after ten seconds.
- T1 Unit: Hornet. A fast but fragile anti-frontline unit that can lay explosive eggs as traps for its enemies.
- Ability: Lay Egg. Lay's an egg at target location. The egg is briefly visible and attackable before becoming cloaked and dormant. If an enemy nears an egg, the egg activates, becoming visible, and after a moment, exploding, damaging all nearby enemies.
- T2 Unit: Scarab. A powerful melee unit that can cleave its enemies.
- Ability: Cleave. The Scarab's next auto-attack will deal splash damage.
- T3 Unit: Hive Queen: A caster that can buff other Hive units - but it comes at a price.
- Ability: Unstable Stimulant. Target Hive unit doubles its attack rate for a brief period, and then dies.
Warp Squad is a highly-mobile white squad.
- Hero: A ranged warrior that uses wind magic to to fight its enemies.
- Basic ability: Cyclone. Fires a line shot that temporarily phases out all enemy units it passes through, both disabling them and preventing them from taking damage.
- Ultimate ability: Storm's Fury. Buffs all nearby allies, increasing movement speed and attack speed by 25%. NOTE: This is a placeholder ability, as the other ultimate we have in mind needs further work.
- T1: Sprite. Extremely small, fast, and fragile melee unit that swarms across the battlefield.
- T2: Transporter. Specialist caster that uses wind to manipulate the battlefield.
- Ability: Zephyr. Place's a circular region on the battlefield that slows enemies and speeds up allies.
- Ability: Gust. Shoots out a conal blast of wind that knocks back enemy units.
- T3: Conduit. Powerful ranged unit whose lightning auto-attack chains to nearby enemies.
- How did it feel to play as the new squads?
- How did it feel to play against the new squads?
- How did it feel to reposition individual units inside your army or with allies?