Playtest 180 - Balance Changes
Tonight's playtest features a host of new balance changes and more pathing changes.
Units now tend to maintain formation while moving.
- Warp squad has been renamed Wind Squad!
- The hero has a new ultimate, Warp Pad. Warp Pad places a teleporter pad at target location. A second teleporter pad is automatically created a fixed distance away, along the line between the hero and initial pad. Allied units that enter the entrance pad are immediately teleported to the exit pad.
- The T1 unit has been substantially buffed, with increases to its HP, attack damage, and magic resist.
- The T2 unit's zephyr ability now has a longer cast range.
- The T2 unit's gust ability now blows a more forceful wind.
- The T3 unit's chain lightning attack does substantially more damage.
- The hero has a new basic ability, Burrow Rush. Upon cast, the hero will quickly burrow toward target location. Upon reaching the target, the hero will erupt from the ground, briefly stunning nearby units and spawning a pair of controllable beetles.
- The Hero's ultimate has been adjusted - spawned swarm beetles now only last 6 seconds and have reduced HP.
- Hornet egg (created by the T1 ability Lay Egg) behavior has been adjusted. Hornet eggs can now be aquired by enemy attack-move commands when they are initially laid, before becoming active. This makes this substantially weaker when used in the middle of a fight.
- The T2 unit has been substantially buffed, with increases to its HP and damage.
- The Scuttleguard ability Guard has been removed by default and is now available as a T2 upgrade.
- The Aquadillo ability Vindication has been removed by default and is now available as a T3 upgrade.
- All unit's in this squad now move slower while in combat. They regain their normal move speed after being out of combat for five seconds.
- Corrected an issue where the Sandstinger were mislabeled as a frontline unit.
- How did pathing feel? Did formations feel more meaningful?
- How did the squad changes feel?
- How does Wind Squad’s new ultimate feel?
- Tell us lots about your squad battling experience!
- Early, Mid, Late?
- Any other comments or questions?