Playtest 182 - New Poison Squad, Vex Rework, Balance and Pathing Work
Tonight's playtest features the debut of the new Poison squad, an experimental Vex rework, a major Alder buff, lots more substantial balance changes, and more pathing work!
There is a new Poison Squad! This squad aims to deal damage slowly over the time with vicious poison!
- Basic Attacks of all poison units apply POISON -- Dealing 30 damage over 15 seconds. POISONED units cannot be healed and cannot recall.
- Hero - Poison Man - Lobs a grenade that applies poison. Ultimate is PLAGUE, a slowly growing explosion that damages and poisons enemies.
- T1 - Poison Archer - A basic ranged unit that applies POISON
- T2 - Poison Shaman - Has Caustic Eruption ability - After 3 seconds, target unit takes 60 damage. If poisoned, target unit takes another 60 damage and spreads poison to nearby units
- T3 - Sludge Monster - Enormous unit with no attack. Instead, it slows and gradually devours units inside of it. Seriously, you’ll love this unit.
This squad is only half complete. We’re putting it in for initial thoughts!
We're experimenting with a Vex rework - the in-progress squad is named DEV_Fire. More work is planned here, but like Poison, we wanted to get out an early version for initial thoughts.
- The hero and T1 are unchanged.
- The Pyrosaur is now the T2. The Pyrosaur's auto-attack is now a flame breathe. The flame breathe does moderate damage and sets affected units on fire. The flame breathe can also be activated as an ability at any time.
- The Ignitor is now the T3. Conflagorate has been removed and replaced by a new ability, Oil Grenade. Units affected by Oil Grenade are covered in oil and will take significantly more damage from being set on fire.
Hive has been substantially buffed, and the T3 has been completely reworked to now be an actual fun unit!
- Initial HP and physical resist have been increased.
- Initial starting damage has been reduced.
- The ultimate now has much shorter range.
- The ultimate now briefly telegraphs where the Beeltepocalpyse is going to emerge.
- Damage increased from 14 to 20 per shot
- HP buffed from 525 to 750 and physical resist increase from 0 to 25.
- This unit no longer has a cleave ability - now all of its attacks cleave.
- Attack cooldown has been increase from 1.4 to 2.2
- This unit now has access to a new ability, Burrow, unlocked via an upgrade. Burrow is similar to the Captor Burrow Rush but does not stun enemies nor spawn beetles.
- New ability - Place Nest. Places a Beetle Nest at target location. The nest is visible to enemies and can be destroyed. After 15 seconds the nest hatches, releasing 8 beetles.
- New ability - Silk Shot. Fires a blast of silk in target direction. Affected enemies are wrapped in silk and disabled for ten seconds.
- Beetle HP has been reduced from 90 to 60.
- Beetle notice range has been substantially increased. This means beetles that emerge from Beetle Nests will automatically attack nearby enemies without the player having to command them.
- Seedbot range increased from 5.5 to 6.5
- Tree of Life health increased from 300 to 550
- Needlefern health increased from 130 to 340
- Needlefern range increased from 8 to 12
- Needlefern duration increased from 15s to 30s
- Needlefern upgrade changed from [Duration +15s / Range +7] to [Duration +15s / Range +4]
- Bramblethorn Goliath armor type changed from Normal to Heavy (takes more damage vs basic ranged, less damage vs C type units)
- Bramblethorn Goliath HP increased from 875 to 1150
- Bramblethorn Goliath now phases through allied units
- Average speed of all units dropped by 15%
- Scuttleguard roll ability speed bonus increased from +125% to +175%
- Aquadillo cannonball ranged increased from 14 to 17
- Terrapin Trooper HP dropped from 250 to 225
- Terrapin Trooper no longer heals while out of combat
- Howling Commando splash damage dropped from 75% to 50% of base damage
- Howling Commando attack dropped from 75 to 60 damage
- Trample range of Rustborn Rhino increase from 25 to 32.
- Sprite HP increase from 60 to 70
- Sprite attack cooldown decreased from 1 to 0.8
- Conduit attack cooldown increased from 1.5 to 2.2
- Removed an upgrade that decreased the root/unroot time for Purifiers.
- Seige Titan damage reduced from 600 to 300 per shot
- Glass Cannon HP increased from 400 to 650
- Arrival of 8x gems is delayed 3 minutes (arrives at ~22 minutes instead of ~19 minutes)
- Units should better push non-moving units out of the way.
- Fixed several bugs where units were taking sub-optimal paths, preventing them from getting to the front of battle.
- Fixed several bugs that prevent a unit from finding gaps between allies to fit through (some other bugs still remain!
- Which squads were the most fun to play? (Not the strongest, just the most fun!)
- What squad matchups did you play? Were there any clearly problematic squads or bad matchups you noticed?
- Were there instances where pathing behaved unintuitively or incorrectly?
- Please rate the early/mid/late game from 1-to-5!