Playtest 215: Casting Modes, New Gem Collectors, Balance Adjustments for Large Green Units
Playtest 215: Casting Modes, New Gem Collectors, Balance Adjustments for Large Green Units!
Please note that bots are still disabled, and bot allies will not replace players that have disconnected. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- Gem collectors have been replaced by Gem Collector Cube Bots (working name)!
- A small Gem Collector Cube Bot will follow your Hero, collecting nearby gems it walks near!
- Each player that collects a gem will have a small Gem Collector Cube Bot channeling near the gem as it's collecting.
- Functionality not dramatically changed; your hero will still automatically collect nearby gems over the course of 40 seconds, as it worked previously.
- Upgrades now take significantly longer across the board, and this upgrade time is tied to the tech level at which it becomes available. The one exception to this rule is Detection Wards, which still take 40 seconds to research.
- Tech level 1: 120 seconds
- Tech level 2: 150 seconds
- Tech level 3: 180 seconds
- Tech level 4: 210 seconds
- Fixed a bug that caused all periodic damage to do full damage, ignoring damage/armor type rules.
- The primary ability affected by this fix is Eris's Volley.
Pathing & Collision
- Units should now find it easier to get past units blocking one another, both in motion and while idle.
- Two modes of quick-cast have been added to the game, and can be enabled under Keyboard settings!
- Default casting mode is, as you might assume, still the default casting mode. Pressing and releasing the key will show any reticles or indicators, and clicking will activate the ability.
- Quick-cast will cast abilities when the key is pressed down
- Quick-cast with indicators will show any reticles or indicators on key-down, and cast the ability when the key is released
- A hotkey that quick-casts "Attack" has been added under Keyboard settings, and has no default assignment.
- Bramblethorn Goliath
- Stock cost: 8 ⇒ 12
- Attack splash radius: 3.9 ⇒ 3.3
- Rustborn Rhino
- Stock cost: 7 ⇒ 8
- Abominable Sludge
- Stock cost: 8 ⇒ 16
- Movement speed: 3.8 ⇒ 3.2