Breakable and Repairable Terrain
Map Terrain at the Moment
- Stagnant and Familiar --> Feels kinda of small and also predictable.
- Few Variables. Bushes, Walls, and Height.
- Moderate Player Interaction. Wards, Vision Spells, and Spell usage without requiring vision.
- Sections of Walls that surround Center Top and Center Bottom creeps. These walls requires a lot of firepower to punch through. Perhaps a specialized unit could be made to destroy terrain. Juggernauts/Engineers?!
- Rocks: A new passage way from Cliffs to Titan arena. A destructible rock would be placed on the ramp for players to destroy and open.
- Tiny Towers in Titan Arena that can be destroyed to prevent the enemy from setting up during Titan Battles.
- Burnable bushes to increase vision; however, these bushes are not easy to destroy, since they are imbued with Atlas' energy. Instead of one bush to destroy, there are two bushes to destroy. So if one bush is destroyed, only half the vision will be revealed.
- All tier 1 terrain should have an average survival rate of 3 seconds against a late-game army and around 7 seconds against a mid-game army and 15 seconds against an early game army. Tier will be mentioned later
Repairable Terrain(A Hotkey to Repair/Build)
- Walls that are destroy can be rebuilt. Due to the construction technology of these races, walls can be repaired faster than they can destroyed to fill gaps in key areas. Only specialized units and heroes can build/repair things.
- Blockades/Marshes/etc. Players can create small obstructions in certain places to reduce vision or decrease the size of choke points. Perfect for luring an enemy to a so-believed escape route.
- Rocks from ramps on Cliffs can be rebuilt to remove a passage.
- Tiny Towers in Titan Arena. Perfect for placing wards for vision and small spell-casters(with Vespid support).
- Grow-able Bushes. Players can infuse bushes with Atlas' energy to regrow them at a fast pace.
- All tier 1 terrain should have an average build rate of 8 seconds with a hero/specialized unit.
All terrain starts out at tier 1, the weakest. Every time terrain is rebuilt, its health is increased by 500, resistance is increased by 25 and construction time is increased by 3 seconds up to Tier 5. This is to increase the difficulty of annihilating walls and obstacles but also time to rebuild it. So by the end of the game, a map should have many holes/many obstacles.
* Tier 1 Rocks: Build time of 10 seconds. 2000 Health. 100 magic/physical resistance.
* Tier 5 Rocks: Build time of 22 seconds. 4000 Health. 200 magic/physical resistance.
Upgrades(In Either Core or Research Tab)
- Bastion Aura for Towers and Walls where players can apply a layer of 200 magical and physical protection. Protection lasts for 20 seconds. Takes 60 seconds to recharge. - Tech 2
Bastion Aura uses the same hotkey as Repairable Terrain. Just use repair on an already standing building to activate the Bastion Aura.
- Siege Weaponry. Some units get bonus damage against terrain. - Tech 3
- Vision Aura. Players can apply an aura upon destructible terrain providing a very small field of vision. Each Hero may have a maximum of two charges and it takes 60 seconds to regenerate a charge. The vision aura dissipates after 30 seconds. Enemy vision auras can be displaced using a vision aura. - Tech 3
Vision Aura uses the same key as Vision Ward(G), but has a separate icon. Simply, G has different effects when used on the ground or on a wall.
- Heavy Metal-works. Decreases construction time of terrain by 6 seconds. - Tech 4.