Playtest 184 - Yet More Squad & Pathing Tuning!
The biggest goal for this playtest is to achieve better "Squad Fantasy." In other words, does it feel awesome to play your squad? Do you feel like you kick ass at something and are really worried about something? We're not concerned about ultra specific balance, but we do want you to feel like you have options and counterplay with your squad.
So, please let us know which squads just feel deliciously awesome to play! Share cool moments! Tell us your favorites!
- Your units should no longer push enemy units. This should make surrounding enemy units much easier.
As noted above, these changes are less to "achieve 50/50 balance" and more to amp up the fun factor of specific squads
- Hive Queen autoattacks Infect enemy units. If enemy units die while infected, a beetle spawns.
- Poison - Deals 30 damage over 10 seconds, down from 15 seconds.
- Poison - No longer affects structures.
- Poison Archer - Health reduced to 135, from 200.
- Caustic Eruption - Range reduced to 8, from 13.
- Caustic Eruption - Damage to the main target reduced to 50, from 60; bonus damage to a poisoned target increased to 70, from 60.
- Plague - Now has a 1.5s windup before it explodes. This should help prevent armies from being insta-wiped. Also, lol.
- Cyclone (Hero Basic Ability - Units struck by Cyclone may no longer be walked through.
- Warp Pad - No longer affects your allies or your weapons (only your squad units).
- Warp Pad - Now correctly has a visible health halo.
- Warp Pad - If the exit is killed, the entrance is also terminated. Likewise, if the entrance is killed, the exit is also terminated.
- Sprite - Health reduced to 55, from 65.
- Sprite - Damage reduced to 8, from 9.
- Gust - Now pushes units 33% harder
- Conduit - Attack recovery time reduced by 20%.
- Conduit - Chain Lightning is now properly augmented by Ability Power upgrades!
- This entire squad has been reworked to be slow moving, fragile, ultra long ranged, and high damage. We encourage you to use the shift-tab menu in-game to get a feel for the new stat set of Vela!
- Raptor - Now has 60hp, base range 10, Eagle Eye ability, and high single target damage.
- Deadeye - Now has 80hp, base range 12, and has a new ability called Basic Snipe
- After 1.25s Basic Snipe fires a high speed snipe round to target location, dealing 150 damage to the first enemy hit. If the enemy is Marked, Basic Snipe deals 450 damage instead.
- WindRay - Accelerating Winds speed bonus increased from 8% to 10%
- Pyrosaur - Attack damage reduced to 10, from 30.
- Bramblethorn Goliath - No longer has unitwalking.
- Context: We have chosen to permanently remove unitwalking from Bramblethorn Goliath. The issues with readability are difficult to solve, and new weaknesses introduced can be fixed more easily with balance changes.
- Which squads felt incredibly fun to play and why? Which squads felt unfun to play and why?
- Did you play Vela? If so, what was your experience like?
- Were there certain matchups where you felt unable to do anything?
- What is your current least favorite aspect of Atlas that you would like to see improved?