Playtest 185 - Illusion Squad and New Map Art
Tonight's playtest features exciting new art changes and a new squad, Illusion!
- The art team has done a rough initial pass on map art!
- Titans are now significantly more sinister looking.
- The Worker has received a new model and animations.
New Squad: Illusion
The new blue squad, Illusion, has emerged from the shadowy depths, and is now available! This is a very rough-around-the edges version of the squad, but we're excited to see what people think of the concept.
Please note that Illusion Squad does not have any squad-specific upgrades yet.
- Passive - Illusions. The Hero will spawn an illusion of itself every twenty seconds, up to the max illusion cap. The cap begins at 1. Each illusion can be independently controlled and has effectively 25% of the Hero's stats in every way. Upon death, the illusions will explode, blinding and slightly damaging nearby enemies. Hero illusions can also use the Hero's basic ability, though the illusionary version will do 25% of the damage. Every two levels, the illusion cap increases by 1, up to a max of 5.
- Basic Ability (D) - Deadly Strike. After a short delay, fires a void pulse at nearby enemy, dealing damage and slowing the target.
- Ultimate Ability (F) - Clone Swap. Swaps places with target Hero illusion. After the swap, both the hero and the illusion will emit an eruption of void energy, damaging and slowing nearby enemies.
T1 - A basic backline unit.
- Ability: Phase Mode (Q) - The T1 will partially phase out of reality, temporarily losing the ability to attack but gaining a movement speed buff and the ability to phase through other units.
T2 - A caster that can summon other squad units to its side, replacing them with shadowy illusions. Illusions are controllable and have 25% of the stats of the original unit, and will die after 20 seconds. Upon death they will emit an eruption of void energy, blinding and slightly damaging nearby enemies.
- Ability: Shadowplay (W) - Teleport target Illusion squad unit to the caster, replacing it with an illusion.
- Ability: Cast Shadow (E) - Spawns an illusion of target squad unit.
T3 - A powerful being from another dimension. By default, it is cloaked and cannot attack.
- Ability: Manifest (R) - The unit becomes visible and immobile for the next ten seconds, emitting an aura that slows enemy movement and attack speed. While visible the T3 fires dodge-able shadow volleys at nearby enemies.
- Bramblethorn Goliath attack damage reduced to 80, from 120.
- The Bramblethorn Goliath's auto-attack now strikes enemies in an small cone.
- What did you think of the Illusion Squad? Even in its rough state, does it represent a squad fantasy you're excited about?
- Did the Bramblethorn Goliath's auto-attack change help make up for its loss of unit-walking?
- What did you think of the new art?